Posts tagged note to self.
Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
For all of you who’ve felt even for a second that it’s ever too late:
1. Charles Bukowski had his first book published when he was 49
2. Leonard Cohen was 33 when his first album was released
3. Marina Abramovic’s career as an independent artist wasn’t solidified until she was 42
4. Julia Child’s career started when she was 36
5. Van Gogh started drawing when he was 27
6. Monet painted Sunrise when he was 33, but wasn’t producing his best work until his early 40s
7. Kazuo Ohno started dancing when he was 27
8. William S. Burroughs had his first novel published when he was 39
There is no shame in being hungry for another person. There is no shame in wanting very much to share your life with somebody.
- Don’t let anyone make you feel like less of a person for the way you’ve done your hair, the way you’re dressed, or any other stupid reason.
- Leave your insecurities at home.
- You are in complete control. Don’t let anyone tell you you have to do something. You don’t.
- Eat dinner before you go out drinking. Always. It won’t make you feel fat, it will keep you from getting too drunk.
- Forgive yourself.
- Forgive others.
- Forget regret.
- Learn your lesson.
- Move on.
Try to Be Cooler